As a counsellor in Hastings, my main aim is to ensure that getting you high quality personalised counselling is made simple. This entails taking the time to understand exactly what your needs are and how we can best meet these for you.
I’m a seasoned counsellor/therapist with over 24 years’ experience. Together our goal will be to help you see things in a new way, to get your life back on track. I’ll help you have more fulfilling relationships with others and of course with yourself, and to help you overcome such common feelings of anxiety and panic attacks; depression; trauma or any other issues that prevent you from enjoying a full life.
In my experience there is no better way to resolve human issues than Counselling. Over the years I’ve worked with many adults and couples with a host of life-experiences.
My offer to you:
I firmly believe that no one can really decide whether or not they want to work with a counsellor/therapist before meeting or talking with them. I will offer you a free initial phone conversation or I’ll see you in person at no charge to make sure we are a ‘good-fit’ for each other.
Every counsellor works in their own unique way so it’s important for you to be certain you feel comfortable with the way I work, and if we resonate. The meeting will not be a therapy session; it’s designed to give you an impression of how you would feel working with me and to make your own decision thereafter, without any obligation.
Do any of these apply to you?:
- Do you feel that anxiety, stress or unresolved trauma is limiting your full potential, or do you just feel stuck, confused or frustrated?
- Do you feel your self-esteem needs a boost or that you’re not assertive enough?
- Are you overwhelmed by the loss of someone important to you?
- Do you struggle to understand why you feel good for periods of time but always end up back in that familiar hopeless place?
- Are you confused about your next steps in life?
- Do you ever wonder why you can’t find the right partner or keep attracting the wrong ones?
- Do you ever feel you’re losing your connection with your partner?
- Is the fun and romance drifting out of your relationship?
A better future:
- Would you like to reduce stress and bring genuine happiness back to your relationship?
- Would you like to feel true peace of mind knowing whatever comes your way, you can handle it?
- Would you like to rediscover the love, fun and affection you shared with your partner?
- Would you like to experience a deep and lasting connection with your partner for a stronger and more resilient relationship.
The quality of our lives depends on the quality of our relationships.
- It’s never too late to start making the changes that you truly desire.
- We only get one go on this planet so why prolong your suffering?
- What is not started today is never finished tomorrow.
- You shouldn’t have to wait any longer to feel better. If you’re ready to jump in, take action and make some real changes, I just maybe the counsellor you’re looking for.
- To view my fees please <- click here.
- As Joan Baez so rightly said, “Action is the antidote to despair.”
- Or, in the words of Dale Carnegie: “Inaction breeds doubt and fear. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit at home and think about it. Go out and get busy.”
- I’m here to assist and support you in every way I can.
- If any of these scenarios apply to you and you feel you deserve a better life, I’m only a phone call away.
With my 24 years of counselling and therapy experience I have recognised that my clients want a solution to their issues as quickly as possible.
I’m also aware that a single style of counselling is not appropriate for everyone. I therefore use a variety of skills that best suit my clients’ needs.
Most long-term client issues stem from childhood and these issues are based on unresolved relationship problems with their caregivers. I don’t dwell on the past but fully engage my client in the now, which is where the problem is still very active, troublesome but resolvable.
My job as a counsellor is therefore to build a strong, authentic relationship with my clients by being empathic, non-judgemental and caring. With this firmly in place we are well on the way to resolve the typical emotional issues preventing them from living happier lives. All my clients matter to me and when this feeling is reciprocated therapy goes superbly.
What Am I Offering?
Counselling is a short term effective way to resolve milder, recent personal issues. Counselling entails forming an empathic relationship with clients to understand their issues and to alleviate them. Counsellors can be considered a friend in need and they have the ability to help you feel fully supported and to be on your side.
Psychotherapy basically offers clients with long-standing issues, a deeper, more in depth study into the causes and hence more time consuming compared to counselling.
We offer therapy sessions for those who have chronic and more severe mental health issues.
I use hypnotherapy only for clients who truly want to experience it for themselves and where I believe talking therapy cannot uncover certain stubborn issues that trouble them. With hypnotherapy, clients are totally in control and often experience a wonderful relaxed state, possibly never having experienced before.